Sat, 11 Nov|
Symonds Yat 10/20km
Symonds Yat viewpoint is well known as one of the best places in the country to watch Peregrine Falcons
Time & Location
11 Nov, 08:00 – 10:00
Coleford, Symonds Yat Rock, Coleford GL16 7NZ, UK
About the Event
Please read all event information before registering for an event:
This run has two distances available. The lap is 10km and we will be running it twice, so you can either run it once or twice. Meeting at the Symonds Yat cafe (just North of the detailed postcode) we proceed to join the trail and make our way through the forest until we get to the river. We then follow the river before tackling the only noteable climb on the route to the viewpoint.
Parking is pay and display and is £2 for 2 hours. There is a cafe and toilets available at the car park. (This is just North of the detailed postcode on the main event page).
Distance - Approx. 10km or 20km
Elevation - Approx. 190m or 380m
Terrain - Some dirt trails, loose rock/stone track. A well established running trail.
Difficulty - Beginner to Intermediate
This route is suitable for all abilities as long as you're comfortable running 10k on the trails.
- Trail running shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Waterproof jacket if necesarry
- Minimum 500ml of water
- Some form of sodium in food or drink
- Minimum 200kcal of food
- Spare, warm change of clothes in the car
- Spare food and drink in the car
- A fully charged phone
- You must register on this page to attend
- If your plans change, please revisit this page to cancel your attendance so another member can take your place
- Do not attend this run if you are not medically well or injured in any way
- You must always listen to instructions and guidance provided by BTR run leaders