Fri, 09 Feb|
Speed and Technique Session
Coached speed session on the Downs
Time & Location
09 Feb 2024, 18:30 – 19:30
The Downs, Bristol BS9 1FG, UK
About the Event
Please read all event information before attending:
Speed sessions focus on activating fast twitch muscle fibres and developing running skills such as cadence, power production and efficiency. This improves running economy resulting in faster pacing and better strength.
Sessions are typically short efforts (100m to 1km) with a long rest period between each effort (relative to the distance). Runners can expect to complete around 5km worth of efforts over the course of the session.
After the session we'll head over to The Kings Arms on Whiteladies road for a post run beverage.
Meet outside the water tower on The Downs (Stoke Road side).
What3words meeting location: lonely.rail.elder
- Trainers; road or trail shoes (but trails are probably a better choice)
- Head torch
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Waterproof jacket if necesarry
- Minimum 500ml of water
- You must register on this page to attend
- If your plans change, please revisit this page to cancel your attendance so another member can take your place
- Do not attend this run if you are not medically well or injured in any way
- You must always listen to instructions and guidance provided by BTR run leaders