Wed, 30 Dec|
Snuff Mills Tea Rooms
Frome Valley 16k (Intermediate / Advanced run)
Updated back to Frome Valley, following recent tier changes.
Time & Location
30 Dec 2020, 18:00
Snuff Mills Tea Rooms, , Stapleton, Bristol BS16 1UH
About the Event
Please read all event information before registering for an event:
Please consider your suitability for this run. It is a 10 mile run on rough undulating woodland and riverbank trails and in the winter it is run in the dark. This run is only suitable for experienced 'and fit' trail runners. You should have completed a club 10k before registering for the 10-mile run or alternatively, you can send either Jason or Joe a Strava link showing your most recent 10-mile run. For safety reasons, we have to keep the group together so have had to put the above caveat in place for longer runs.
We will meet at the Snuff Mills carpark however due to the car park now closing at 19.15, you will need to park on the street just outside on Broom Hill or River View. If you struggle to find somewhere to park, meet Jason (run leader) in the car park and he will direct you. From here we will follow the Valley Walk up to Huckford Quarry in Winterbourne and return from there via Bury Hill & Lincolme Barn.
Approximate Distance: 16km
Approximate Elevation: 300m
Expected Terrain: Muddy and rocky trails
Run Leader: Jason D
Entry Requirements: You should be able to run 10k in 55 minutes or less to take part in this run. The average pace will be 6.00-6.30 per kilometre but the terrain is tough and the route is hilly.
- Trail running shoes
- Head torch with spare batteries
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Waterproof jacket if necesarry
- Water and food if you need it for the distance
- Spare, warm change of clothes in the car
- Hand sanatizer and face mask
- A fully charged phone
- This event is limited to fifteen attendees
- You must register on this page to attend
- If your plans change, please revisit this page to cancel your attendance so another member can take your place
- Do not attend this run if you are not medically well
- You must socially distance at all BTR events
- You must always listen to instructions and guidance provided by BTR run leaders