Sat, 16 Sept|
Waun Fach & "The Dragons Back" 23km
A mountain run in the Eastern Brecon Beacons. Climb Waun Fach and traverse the undulating "Dragons Back"
Time & Location
16 Sept 2023, 08:00 – 11:00
Pengenffordd, Dinas Castle Inn (The Dragons Back, Pengenffordd, Talgarth, Brecon LD3 0EP, UK
About the Event
Please read all event information before registering for an event:
This run is appropriate for intermediate/expereinced trail runners due to the length and severity of some of the climbing and the potentially arduous underfoot conditions. The loop begins with a long mountain climb to the summit of Waun Fach. We then make our way across to Gospel Pass before following the ridgeline all the way along to our final section, "The Dragons Back", a long undulating, gradually desceding section of hills.
Meet in the lay by next to the Dinas Castle Inn. Parking is £2 cash and needs to be put in the black box at the end of the lay by.
The run will likely take around 2 and a half hours due to it's technical and hilly nature. Please ensure you have EVERYTHING on the essential kit list.
Approximate Distance: 23km
Approximate Elevation: ~1000m
Expected Terrain: Steep grassy climbs, fell running (arduous at times), exposed ridges, some well established paths
Run Leader: Ash
Entry Requirements: This is an intermediate mountain run for experienced and fit trail runners. You should be able to run 10k in 55 minutes or less to take part in this run. Mountain experience is preferred but not essential.
What3words location: slows.intruding.tripling
- Trail running shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Waterproof jacket
- Spare warm mid layer in case of extreme changes in weather
- Warm hat and gloves
- Minimum 2 x 500ml of water
- Some form of sodium in food or drink
- Minimum 400kcal of food
- Spare, warm change of clothes in the car
- Spare food and drink in the car
- A fully charged phone with the what3words app installed
- Running poles optional
- You must register on this page to attend
- If your plans change, please revisit this page to cancel your attendance so another member can take your place
- Do not attend this run if you are not medically well or injured in any way
- You must always listen to instructions and guidance provided by BTR run leaders