Tue, 21 Nov|
Early Bird Abbots Pool Loop 13km
An ealry morning loop of Abbots Pool and Leigh Woods going from The Downs
Time & Location
21 Nov 2023, 06:30 – 7:45
Bristol, Clifton Water Tower, Stoke Rd, Bristol BS9 1FG, UK
About the Event
Meet at the water tower on the Downs for 6.30am. We will follow the trail down to the top of Bridge Valley Road, heading up along the Promenade, passing the Observatory and over the bridge. From here we will head towards and through Leigh Woods before picking up the Merchant Way to Church Rd. We will then cut through Abbots Leigh to Abbots Pond before climbing back up to Ashton Court. We then hook back onto Bridge Rd, over the bridge and back toward the Downs ready for Breakfast
Approximate Distance: 13km
Approximate Elevation: 220m
Expected Terrain: Mixed, mostly rocky trails or well-maintained trails. Some mud. Some road.
Entry Requirements: This run is open to all abilities as long as you're comfortable with covering the distance.
Parking is free on Stoke Road and there are places to lock a bike outside of the cafe.
The meeting place is outside the water tower - what3words location: healers.steep.busy
- Trail running shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Waterproof jacket if necesarry
- 500ml water
- You must register on this page to attend
- If your plans change, please revisit this page to cancel your attendance so another member can take your place
- Do not attend this run if you are not medically well or injured in any way
- You must always listen to instructions and guidance provided by BTR run leaders